Citytv is a Canadian TV channel that offers intensely-local, culturally-diverse, and urban-oriented TV programming. A part of Rogers Media Inc., Citytv is a distinct alternative to conventional TV stations that keeps viewers engaged with an array of entertainment programs.
To watch Citytv on your favorite device like Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, or Android TV, you need to install the app from the app store and activate it at activate.citytv.com/activate using your TV provider credentials.
You will need the following things to watch Citytv programs on your TV.
- Sign-in details with your TV provider
- The latest version of the Citytv app.
- A compatible streaming device.
- A second device – computer or mobile.
- A high-speed, reliable internet connection (Wi-fi recommended).
Below is a detailed guide on how to activate the Citytv app on supported streaming devices –
Activate Citytv on Apple TV
Here are the easy steps to stream Citytv on your Apple TV:
- First, turn on your Apple TV.
- Access the App Store and look for the Citytv app.
- Install the app and launch it after installation.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get an activation code.
- Save the code for later use and access activate.citytv.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the 7-digit activation code from your streaming device and click the CONTINUE option.
- Enter your TV provider’s details and complete the activation process.
- Your Apple TV is now ready to stream for favorite Citytv shows.
How to Activate Citytv on Roku
Here’s how you can activate and watch Citytv on your Roku device:
- Switch on your Roku device and access the home screen.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels and select the Search Channels option.
- Type Citytv in the search option and click the Add channel option to install the app.
- After installing the app, launch it to receive a unique code.
- Save the code before accessing the activation page.
- Open activate.citytv.com/activate and enter the code.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials to complete the activation process.
- The Citytv app is now active on your Roku device.
Activate Citytv on Fire TV via citytv.com/activate
If you use a Fire TV device, follow the steps below to activate Citytv:
- Search for the Citytv app in the Amazon App Store.
- Click the Get button to install the app.
- After installing the Citytv app, you need to open it.
- A unique activation code will appear on your TV screen.
- Keep the screen visible as you proceed with the remaining steps.
- Access citytv.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Provide the code displayed on the screen and click the CONTINUE button.
- Enter your TV provider’s Username and Password.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
- You can now watch your favorite shows on Fire TV.
Citytv Activation on Android TV
Here’s a rundown of steps to watch Citytv on Android TV:
- Switch on your Android TV and access the Google Play Store.
- Type Citytv in the search bar and install the app once it appears on the screen.
- Launch the app.
- You will see a unique activation code on the screen.
- Note down the code and launch your mobile or computer browser to access activate.citytv.com/activate.
- Type the code and click the CONTINUE button.
- Sign in with your TV provider account to verify your subscription.
- It will take a few seconds to verify the details.
- Your Android Smart TV is now ready to stream Citytv shows.
Have you activated the Citytv app on your streaming device? If not yet, refer to the steps above and complete the process effortlessly. Contact your TV provider if you run into a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
The leading Canadian TV providers that offer Citytv are Cogeco Cable, Shaw Cable, Bell Fibe, Telus Optik TV, Execulink Telecom, Source Cable, Wightman, Delta Cable, Coast Cable, Rogers Cable, and Novus Entertainment.
Currently, Citytv offers The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Law & Order: Organized Crime, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Law & Order: SVU, The Price is Right, Canada’s Got Talent, and Black-ish.
You can watch Citytv without cable with a valid streaming service subscription.