If you like watching movies that too as per your convenience, you can’t get a better place than the Criterion Channel. It is an independent streaming service that primarily features movies from Hollywood and worldwide. And you may not come across many unique films anywhere else.
To enjoy the eclectic mix of contemporary and classic films on your streaming device, subscribe to the channel, install The Criterion Channel app from your device app store, and activate it via criterionchannel.com/activate.
Things to Consider
- Subscription details with the Criterion Channel.
- Stable internet connection.
- A supported streaming device – Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Firestick.
- A smartphone or laptop to access criterionchannel.com activate.
Criterionchannel.com Activate on Android TV
Android TV users can watch Criterion Channel content if they follow the steps carefully.
- Turn on your Android TV device and use the remote to access the home screen.
- Go to the Play Store and look for the Criterion Channel.
- When the channel appears on the screen, click the Install button.
- After installing the app, launch it.
- Select the sign-in option and take note of the activation page with a code.
- Keep the screen visible, and you proceed with the remaining steps.
- Launch a computer or mobile browser and access criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Enter your email address and click the Next button.
- Type the password and click the Next button.
- Enter the code from your TV and click the Activate button.
It will hardly take a few seconds to load the TV screen. Once ready, you can start streaming The Criterion Channel on Android TV.
Activate The Criterion Channel on Firestick via criterionchannel.com/activate
Android TV isn’t the only compatible device for the Criterion Channel. If you use a Fire TV, you can watch Criterion Channel content on your Amazon Fire device.
- From your Fire TV home screen, navigate to the Amazon App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type Criterion Channel.
- The Criterion Channel will appear on the screen.
- Click the Get button to install the app on fireTV.
- Open the app to generate a unique code.
- Visit criterionchannel.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the sign-in credentials and click the Next button.
- Provide the activation code to complete the process.
After successful activation, you can watch teasers, top stories, and popular movies on your Fire TV.
Guide to Activate Criterion Channel on Roku
Since the Criterion Channel is legal and certified, you can directly install the app from the Roku Channel Store. Here are the steps to install & activate the Criterion Channel on Roku –
- Press the Home button on the remote and access the home screen.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store and search for the Criterion Channel.
- Click the Add channel button to install the Criterion Channel on your Roku.
- Launch the app and follow the prompts to get an activation code.
- Save the code before accessing criterionchannel.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the sign-in credentials and type the code to complete the activation process.
Steps to Activate Criterion Channel on Apple TV
Refer to the steps below to activate and watch the Criterion Channel on your Apple TV.
- Power on your Apple TV.
- Go to the App Store.
- Use the virtual keyboard to type The Criterion Channel.
- Click the Get button to install the app.
- Open the app to get a code and a URL.
- Open your mobile browser to access criterionchannel.com/activate.
- Enter the log-in details and type the code displayed on your TV screen.
- Click the Activate button to finish the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must know that the Criterion Channel has two subscription plans –
– Monthly Plan ($10.99)
– Annual Plan ($99.99)
To subscribe, open criterionchannel.com/checkout/subscribe on a browser and select the Plan. Next, enter your account details and card details and click the Start Subscription button to begin your 14-day free trial.
If you live outside of the US, you can’t access the Criterion Channel.