Multiplayer games have achieved bigger feats these days. We can thank the pandemic to some extent, as it has put people within the threshold of their homes. If you have developed an interest in this lately, games like Rocket, Fortnite, etc., will keep you engaged with your friends.
You can’t just get these games on your game consoles and start playing. Instead, you will have to activate Epic Games at epicgames.com/activate.
Epic Games, Inc. is an “American video game and software developer and publisher” developing cutting-edge games and cross-platform game engine technology. Here we explain how to activate Epic Games on Xbox, PS4, PS5, or Nintendo.
List of Supported Devices
- Microsoft Xbox
- Sony PlayStation
- Nintendo Switch
Things Required for Activation
- Gaming console
- Epic Games account
- High-speed internet connection
- A phone, tablet, computer, or laptop.
How to Create an Epic Games Account?
If you don’t have an Epic Games account, you can register for one by following the sign-up process suggested below.
- Go to the Epic Games sign-up page.
- Choose from the different options (Email, Google, Xbox Live, Google, Apple, etc.).
- Enter the required information in the prompted fields and click the CONTINUE button.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process.
Enter Code at epicgames.com/activate to Activate on Xbox
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your Xbox console.
- Search and install the game you want to play, i.e., Fortnite.
- When installed, launch the game on your Xbox.
- You will now be prompted to link your Epic Games account.
- So, click on the Link an Account option.
- You will see an 8-digit activation code.
- Visit epicgames.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and click the CONTINUE button.
- Next, enter your email address and password to log in to your Epic Games account. Alternatively, you can sign in with Facebook, Google, or the similar options provided.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your Xbox console is now linked to your Epic Games account.
Activate Epic Games on PlayStation (PS4 or PS5)
Whether using PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, you need to link your Epic Games. Once you connect your Epic Games account to PlayStation, you can play all the versions of Fortnite, including Fortnite: Save the Word, Fortnite: Battle Royale, and Fortnite: Creative.
- On your PlayStation, use the search option to find the game.
- Install the game and launch it.
- Your screen will display an 8-digit activation code. The code will be valid for 10 minutes.
- Now, visit the epicgames.com/activate page on your phone/pc browser.
- Provide the activation code in the given field and press the Continue button.
- Next, enter your login credentials to link your Epic Games account.
- After signing in, complete the remaining on-screen prompts.
- You will then be able to play Fo using your PlayStation gaming console.
Link Epic Games at epicgames.com/activate on Nintendo Switch
- Access the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch console.
- Locate the game, e.g., Fortnite, to install on your gaming console.
- Launch the game after the installation.
- Click on the Link an account option.
- An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Keep this screen active and open a browser on your second device.
- Open the Epic Games activation page epicgames.com/activate on the browser.
- Enter the code in the given field and tap on the Continue button.
- Next, sign in using your Epic Games account credentials.
- A “SUCCESS” message will display on your screen, stating, “Your device has been activated on your account and is ready. The screen will refresh shortly”.
- Your Epic Games account is now active on Nintendo Switch.
Not able to link? – Troubleshooting Tips
- Check and fix issues with your internet connection.
- Update your Gaming Console to the latest version.
- Enter the activation code before it expires.
- Ensure you enter the correct login credentials for your Epic Games account.
- Restart the Game and your Gaming Console.
- Uninstall the game and install it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
The error usually occurs when you are logged into another console account that you don’t use with Epic. Also, make sure that you sign into Epic Games via the official login page.
If you wish to play Epic Games on any of your Gaming Console, you must link your Epic Games account at epicgames.com/activate with an activation code. After that, sign in with your account and follow the on-screen prompts.
At present, the Epic Games Store offers Mac and PC support. However, to know the platform compatibility for individual titles, refer to the “About Game” section on any product page of Epic Games website.
If you don’t see your claimed free game in your account, ensure that you do not have multiple accounts. For example, if you signed up for an Epic account using a “@gmail.com” email address, sign in directly using your password. Using the Google login button will create a separate account even when it is linked to the same “@gmail.com” email address.
Some developers generally provide demos or free-trial periods for some non-free games. During a free-trial period, you will be able to download and play a game’s trial version before you decide to buy it.