Owned by the ABC Family Worldwide, Freeform, an American multinational basic cable channel, is the new name for ABC Family. It is committed to connecting to audiences with immersive social engagement and original programmings, such as The Bold Type, grown-ish, Siren, Good Trouble, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, and Motherland: Fort Salem.
The channel mainly targets teenagers, young adults, and ladies between 14 – 34 and boasts more than 92 million subscribers across the country.
You can also enjoy its groundbreaking and thought-provoking series and episodes on your favorite TV-connected devices and smart TVs. Ensure you have a stable internet connection to install & activate the channel via freeform.com/activate.
Things Required for Activation
- Streaming device, i.e., Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, or Fire TV.
- Wireless or wired internet connection with decent speed.
- Participating TV provider account.
- A separate device (Phone, PC, Laptop, or Tablet).
How to Activate Freeform on Android TV at freeform.com/activate
- Select the Apps option from the home screen of your Android TV.
- In the Apps section, locate and select the Google Play Store option.
- Use the search option in the Play Store to find the “Freeform” app.
- Tap the Install option once you find the app.
- Launch the app after installation and select the “Sign in to Watch” option.
- You will be provided a unique code, along with this activation link – freeform.com/activate.
- Now, open a browser on another device and open the Freeform activation link.
- Enter your activation code in the provided field and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Next, sign in using your TV provider account and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Return to your Android TV and start watching your favorite Freeform programming.
How to Watch Freeform Channel App on Apple TV
- On your Apple TV, navigate to the App Store app.
- Type “Freeform” in the App Store search field.
- Select the Freeform app from the search result and tap the Get option.
- Wait for the app to get added to your Apple TV.
- Next, launch the app and tap Sign In to Watch.
- Doing so will prompt activation instructions along with a unique code.
- On another device, open a browser and visit freeform.com/activate.
- The link will take you to the Freeform activation page.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and click on the CONTINUE button.
- Log in with your TV Provider account and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The Freeform app is now active on your Apple TV.
Proven Steps to Access Freeform Channel on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to your Fire TV home screen and select the Find option.
- Use the search option in the Find section to locate the Freeform channel.
- Once located, select the app and tap the Get option to install it.
- Once you have installed the Freeform app, launch it.
- Select Sign In to Watch.
- A unique code and activation instructions will display on your screen.
- Open a browser on a separate device and open the Freeform activation link (freeform.com/activate).
- Enter your activation code in the provided box and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Then, use your TV provider account credentials to sign in.
- Complete the on-screen prompts and start watching desired Freeform content on your Fire TV.
Activate the Freeform App on Roku via freeform.com/activate
- Navigate to Streaming Channels > Search from your Roku device home screen.
- Type “Freeform” in the search field and select it from the search result.
- Press the Add channel button to download and install the app on your streaming device.
- Once added, launch the app and select the Sign in to Watch option.
- A unique activation code will be presented on your screen.
- Use a browser on another device to open the Freeform activation link – freeform.com/activate.
- Submit the activation code in the prompted field and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Using your TV Provider login credentials, sign in to your Freeform account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your Roku device screen will refresh and gets ready to stream the Freeform channel.
Troubleshooting Tips for FreeForm Activation Issues
You can consider the workarounds suggested below if you experience an issue during the activation process or later when accessing the Freeform channel on your streaming device.
- Make sure your internet is working properly, and sufficient bandwidth is available.
- Check your streaming device for updates.
- Remove the cache of the Freeform app.
- Restart the Freeform app.
- Reboot your streaming device and then try to access the app.
- Delete the Freeform app and install it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Roku (Roku OS 7.5 or above)
– Fire TV (Fire OS 5 or above)
– Android (5.0 or above)
– Android TV (Android 5.0 or above)
– Apple TV (4th Generation or above, tvOS 12.0 or higher)
– iOS (iOS 11 or higher)
– Chromecast (All Generations)
– Tizen (Tizen 2.3 or above)
Freeform keep on adding new satellite, cable, and other TV providers regularly. If you don’t have an account with one of the participating TV Providers, you can still watch certain episodes on Freeform without logging in.
– Select your TV Provider from the given option.
– This will direct you to the login page of the selected TV Provider.
– Look for account recovery options like Forgot Username or Forgot Password.
– Follow the on-screen instructions to retrieve your TV Provider login credentials.
If you see an error while accessing the Freeform app on your Fire TV device, consider clearing the app’s data and cache:
1. Select the Settings option on your Fire TV.
2. Navigate to Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
3. Next, select the Freeform app.
4. Tap both Clear data and Clear Cache options.