HBO Max is the latest streaming service offered by HBO that allows you to watch your favorite content without a TV package.
The HBO Max app is available on different streaming platforms like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Apple TV. To watch HBO Max content (Max Originals, blockbuster movies, addictive series, exclusive comedy specials, documentaries, and sports), you need to install the HBO max app on your TV, generate a code, and use the TV activation code at hbomax.com/tvsignin.
Go through the post to learn how to watch all your favorite HBO Max movies and shows on the big screen.
Devices Supporting HBO Max App
|Apple TV||Android TV||AirPlay|
|Roku||Vizio Smart TV (2018 models and later)||Chromecast|
|Amazon Fire TV||Samsung TV||Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S|
|Cox Contour 2 and Contour Stream Player||PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5||Spectrum WorldBox (in Select Areas)|
|LG Smart TV||Xfinity X1 and Flex||XClass TV|
Things Required to Activate HBO Max
- Smart TV or Streaming Device.
- Wired or wireless internet connection with optimum speed.
- HBO Max or participating TV provider login credentials.
- An additional device (Phone, PC, or Tablet) to access hbomax.com/tvsignin.
How to Activate HBO Max on Fire TV via hbomax.com/tvsignin?
- Tap the Find option on the home screen of your Fire TV.
- In the search field, type HBO Max.
- From the search result, select the HBO Max app.
- Next, install the app by tapping the Get button.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- Select the Sign In option.
- Choose Sign in with a provider if your TV, internet, or wireless provider offers HBO Max.
- You will see a 6-digit activation code on your Fire TV screen.
- Now, on your second device, open a browser and visit the HBO Max activation page hbomax.com/tvsignin.
- Click Start Now.
- Enter the activation code that appears on your TV, and click NEXT.
- Then, sign in with your HBO max login credentials. If you want to activate it via TV provider, click Sign in with a provider.
- On the next screen, select your TV provider and sign in with its credentials.
- Your Fire TV is now ready to stream HBO Max.
HBO Max Activation on Apple TV
- Access to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Type HBO Max in the App Store’s search field using the virtual keypad.
- Once you locate the app, please select it and click the Get button.
- The application will start installing on your Apple TV.
- After successful installation, press the Open button.
- Inside the app, choose Sign In or Sign in with a Provider option and tap Don’t Allow to get a 6-character code. (If you select the Allow option, HBO Max will try to use your TV provider information from the Apple TV Settings.)
- Once you have the code, open a browser on another device and visit hbomax.com/tvsignin.
- Click Start Now, submit the code in the prompted field and tap the NEXT button.
- Then, click on the Sign in with a Provider option and select your TV provider.
- After that, log in with your TV Provider account credentials and complete the remaining prompts.
- The HBO app is now activated on your Apple TV.
Enter Code at hbomax.com/tvsignin To Activate on Android TV
- On your Android TV, navigate to the Apps > Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, search for the HBO Max app.
- When found, tap the Install button.
- Post-installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- To Sign in with your HBO Max account email & password, select Sign in. If you want to sign in through a TV provider, choose Sign in with a Provider.
- A 6-character code along with activation instructions will display on the screen.
- Now, visit hbomax.com/tvsignin using the browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the code on the activation page and click the NEXT button.
- Then, sign in with your email & password, or select Sign in with a Provider and choose your TV provider from the given options.
- Enter the username and password for your service provider account and sign in.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions (if any) to complete the activation process.
- You can then access the HBO app on your Android TV.
Steps to Activate HBO Max TV App on Roku
- Open the Streaming Channels section on your Roku device.
- Select the Search option to find the HBO Max app.
- Once located, select the HBO Max app and press the Add channel button.
- The app will begin installing on your device.
- After installing the app, choose Go to channel to launch the app.
- In the HBO Max app, click on the Profile icon located in the top-left corner.
- Choose Sign In. (There are two ways to sign in)
- Sign in (To sign in with your account email and password).
- Sign in with a TV Provider (To sign in with a TV, internet, or mobile provider).
- You will see a unique code and activation link – hbomax.com/tvsignin on your Roku TV screen.
- Open the HBO Max activation link on another device.
- Enter the code in the given boxes and tap the NEXT button.
- Then, select your TV service provider on the next screen and sign in using the username and password.
- After successful activation, HBO Max app programming will become available on your Roku device.
Activation Code not working? Troubleshooting Tips
- Make sure you are entering the code on the official page – hbomax.com/tvsignin.
- Try a different web browser.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Check your internet connection.
- Install pending updates (if any) for your streaming device.
- Clear the HBO Max app cache and data.
- Restart the HBO app.
- Restart your device.
- Uninstall and re-install the HBO Max app.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your service provider is not listed, your service provider might not be currently supporting HBO Max. So, subscribe to an HBO Max plan and choose to sign in with your email and password.
You cannot change your account info (like your name, email, or password) on your TV. However, you can make the changes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
On Computer: Log in at hbomax.com and select your profile icon (top-right corner).
On Phone or Tablet:
– Launch the HBO Max app, tap the Profile icon and select the Settings icon (top-left).
– Select the Account option.
– Click the Edit icon next to the field you wish to change.
– Verify the changes by following the on-screen prompts.
On HBO Max Mobile App
– Launch HBO Max app.
– Select the Profile icon.
– Tap the Settings option.
– Click the Manage Subscription and then Cancel Subscription option.
– Confirm the cancellation.
– Visit hbomax.com on your computer.
– Sign in and select your Profile from the top-right corner.
– Next, select the Subscription option.
– Then, tap the Manage Subscription option.
– Select the Cancel Subscription option and confirm it.