With more and more public libraries in the United States opting for digital systems, hoopla opens the path for patrons to enjoy reading and listening digitally and watch movies and TV shows on their computer, phone, tablet, and even on TV. However, it certainly requires a membership card (library card) to access everything it offers. So, if you already possess that, simply install the Hoopla Digital app on your streaming device and activate the app via hoopladigital.com/link.
Hoopla is a popular cloud-based digital media library service for e-books, comics, music, movies, and more. You don’t have to subscribe to a cable service to enjoy all of these and many more. Instead, you must create an account with the help of your public library card and activate the Hoopla Digital app to get started.
Things Required For Activation
- Wired or wireless internet connection.
- Compatible streaming device or smart TV.
- An additional device like a phone, PC, desktop, or laptop to visit hoopladigital.com/link.
- Hoopla Digital account credentials.
- Library card to create a Hoopla Digital account.
Activate Hoopla Digital App on Roku via hoopladigital.com/link
- Scroll down to the Streaming Channels from your Roku home screen.
- Select the Search option and look for the Hoopla Digital app.
- When found, select the app and tap the Add channel button.
- After installation, launch the app by tapping the Go to channel button.
- You will see an activation code and activation link hoopladigital.com/link on your TV screen.
- Open the activation link on a web browser.
- Enter your email and password on the activation page and tap the LOG IN button.
- Once logged in, submit the link code and complete the remaining on-screen prompts (if any).
- You can now access the Hoopla Digital app on your Roku device.
Enter code at hoopladigital.com/link to Activate on Android TV
- On your Android TV, navigate to Apps > Play Store.
- In the Play Store, tap the search field and enter Hoopla Digital.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Install button.
- Once the installation completes, press Open to launch the Hoopla app on Android TV.
- Your TV will show a unique activation code along with instructions.
- Leave this screen as it is and open the activation URL – hoopladigital.com/link using a browser on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter your email address & password, and click on the LOG IN button.
- Next, enter the activation code in the prompted field.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Return to your Android TV and start watching Hoopla Digital content.
How to Watch Hoopla Digital on Apple TV?
- Navigate to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Look for the Hoopla Digital app in the App Store.
- Add the Hoopla app to your Apple TV by pressing the Get button.
- After adding the app, tap Open to launch it.
- You will see a unique code on your screen.
- Now, on a second device, open a browser and visit hoopladigital.com/link.
- Sign in using your email and password.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your Apple TV screen will refresh within a few seconds, and your Hoopla subscription is now linked.
Steps to Get Hoopla Digital App on Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- In the Find section, search for the Hoopla Digital app.
- When located, select the app and tap the Get button.
- Wait until the app gets installed on your Fire TV.
- Now, press Open to launch the app.
- You will get a unique code along with activation instructions on your screen.
- Next, open Safari, Chrome, or any other browser on your second device to visit hoopladigital.com/link.
- Enter your email and password in the given fields and click on the LOG IN option.
- Then, submit the activation code and complete the on-screen instructions.
- You should now access the Hoopla Digital app on Fire TV device.
hoopladigital.com/link – Troubleshooting Tips
If you come across an issue during or after the activation process of the Hoopla Digital app, follow the solutions suggested below.
- Identify and fix issues with your internet connection.
- Check your streaming device for updates. If available, make sure to install them.
- Remove cache and data of the Hoopla Digital app from your streaming device.
- Restart the Hoopla Digital app and your device.
- Remove the Hoopla Digital app and reinstall it. (You may need to follow the activation process again.)
How to Sign Up for Hoopla Digital Account?
- On your computer or mobile browser, visit hoopladigital.com.
- Click the GET STARTED TODAY button.
- Fill out the form with your email and password, and press the AGREE button.
- Search for your Library Card issuer and tap the Next button.
- Now, enter your Library Card Number and press the SIGN ME UP button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the signup process.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is mandatory to link your library card with Hoopla to access the app’s content. If your library is not partnered with Hoopla, you can either express interest at your local library branch or request your library to contact Hoopla at [email protected]
You will need to have a valid library card from a library associated with Hoopla. You can get your card from your local library branch. As some libraries also assign a PIN for your account, you will need it for the registration.
During the registration, Hoopla uses your current location to locate hoopla partners in your area. You can select your library using the search option. Alternatively, you can contact your library to know if they offer Hoopla digital services.
No, there are no commercials or advertisements when watching content on Hoopla.
Hoopla keeps your account information and borrowing history private. So, no other user can see the titles you have borrowed.
The hoopla app is available on Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku, Airplay, and Lightning Digital TV Adapter.