Activate the NBC Sports channel on your TV-connected device at nbcsports.com/activate and watch thousands of live sporting events, including the Winter Olympic Games.
Subscribe to NBC Sports through a participating cable and satellite provider for up-to-the-minute coverage of on-demand videos, live streaming events, and text-based content. The NBC Sports app also offers Telemundo Deportes, Golf Channel, and more.
Turn on your device and tune in to NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, or you can watch French Open (tennis) and Premier League (soccer) with your buddies on your favorite screen.
NBC Sports App Compatible Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Apple iOS
- Android phones and tablets.
- Samsung TV
Things Required for NBC Sports Channel Activation
- Strong internet connection (wired or wireless).
- Participating TV provider account details (username & password).
- A separate device like a phone, pc, or tablet.
- Supported streaming device or Smart TV.
Activate NBC Sports App on Amazon Fire TV
- Get to the Find section of your Fire TV device.
- In the Find section, search and select the NBC Sports app.
- Next, tap the Get option to download and install the app.
- After installation, tap Open to launch NBC Sports on Fire TV.
- A one-time code and an activation link (nbcsports.com/activate) will show on the screen.
- Now, open the activation link on a browser of your separate device.
- Select Fire TV from the drop-down menu.
- Then, enter the activation code in the prompted field and tap the CONTINUE button.
- After that, sign in with your TV provider credentials and complete the on-screen prompts.
- You will then access the NBC Sports app on your Amazon Fire TV device.
Enter Code at nbcsports.com/activate to Activate on Android TV
- Navigate to the Apps > Google Play Store from the home screen of your Android TV.
- Search the NBC Sports app in the Play Store and tap the Install button.
- The app will begin to download and install on your Android TV.
- Once installed, press Open to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code and activation link – nbcsports.com/activate.
- Open the activation link using a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Next, select “Android TV” from the drop-down menu and enter your activation code.
- Then, tap the CONTINUE button and sign in with your TV provider credentials on the next screen.
- After that, return to your Android TV and watch the NBC Sports app on it.
Link your TV Provider to Watch NBC Sports on Apple TV
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Using the Search option in the App Store, find the NBC Sports app.
- Once found, tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- After successful installation, press Open to launch the app.
- You will see a registration code along with an activation link and instructions to follow.
- Now, open a browser on another device and visit the NBC Sports activation page.
- Select Apple TV from the drop-down menu and enter the activation code.
- Then, click on the CONTINUE button and log in using the credentials of your TV provider.
- NBC Sports app is now active on your Apple TV.
How to Get NBC Sports App on Roku?
- Scroll down on your Roku device’s home screen to select the Streaming Channels option.
- Under the Streaming Channels section, select the Search/Search Channels option.
- Type NBC Sports using the virtual keypad in the search field.
- Select the NBC Sports app from the search result and tap the Add channel button.
- You will see a Channel added message after successful installation. Tap OK to close the message box.
- Now, select Go to channel to launch the NBC Sports app on Roku.
- You will see a code, activation link, and activation instructions on your TV screen.
- Now, using the browser of your second device, open the activation link – nbcsports.com/activate.
- On the activation page, select Roku from the drop-down menu and provide the activation code in the prompted field.
- Then, click on the CONTINUE button and sign in using the credentials of your TV provider.
- After successful activation, the NBC Sports app will be linked to your Roku device.
Although the above-mentioned activation steps should not lead you into any issues during or after the activation process, you may want to check for the following if you face any trouble following these instructions.
- Check issues with your internet connection. Reboot your modem/router.
- If using a slow-speed internet connection, avoid using multiple devices simultaneously to access the internet.
- If the internet doesn’t seem to be causing an issue(s), make sure your streaming device is running with the latest updates.
- Use a different browser on your second device if unable to access the NBC Sports activation page. Also, make sure that the browser is updated.
- Clear the NBC Sports app cache if unable to access it on your streaming device.
- If the problem persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the NBC Sports app. You will be required to follow the activation process again after reinstallation.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend having a broadband connection with at least 5 Mbps download speed to play the NBC Sports app content in optimum quality.
NBC is only allowed to show Sports programming in the United States and US Territories due to broadcasting regulations. However, users outside these locations can still access a set of non-even video content outside the US.
It means that the NBC Sports application will be the exclusive source in the US for LIVE video coverage of sports events that NBC and NBC Sports broadcasts.
While the NBC Sports app video is available through a 3G or 4G/LTE connection, consider using a WiFi connection to experience the top quality of the videos. Also, make sure you have installed the latest Operating System onto your streaming device for enhanced video quality.