Netflix is the biggest subscription-based streaming service globally, with tens of thousands of titles. No matter whatever your taste and where you live, you can’t just be deprived of your favorite, best-in-class TV shows, documentaries, and movies. It is available in 190 countries. If you are a resident, get the Netflix app on the big TV screen and activate it via netflix.com/activate.
Netflix Originals, Netflix’s productions, can only be watched if you subscribe to the service and activate the official app on one of your favorite devices such as Fire TV, Roku, Apple Android TV, and more.
- Smart TV or Streaming Devices
- Wi-Fi connection recommended
- Paid subscription with Netflix.
- A second device to access netflix.com/activate. (Phone, PC, Tablet, or Laptop)
Steps to Activate Netflix on Roku via netflix.com/activate
- Select the Streaming Channels option from the home screen on your Roku device.
- Next, tap on the Search option.
- In the search field, type Netflix and confirm it.
- Select the Netflix app from the search results, and tap Add channel option.
- Once the app gets added, press Go to channel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get an activation code.
- Now, open a browser on your second device and open the Netflix activation page netflix.com/activate.
- Enter the Netflix login details to SIGN IN.
- Type the activation code in the provided field and tap the Activate button.
- The Netflix app is now ready to use on your Roku device.
Enter Code at netflix.com/activate to Activate on Apple TV
- On your Apple TV, launch the App Store app.
- Use the search option to find the Netflix app.
- Select the Netflix app, and press Get to install the app.
- Let the app get installed on your Apple TV.
- When installed, tap Open to launch Netflix on Apple TV.
- An activation code and instructions will display on your screen.
- Keep this screen open and visit the Netflix activation page netflix.com/activate on another device.
- If prompted, sign in to your Netflix account. (New to Netflix – click Sign up now.)
- Enter the code in the given field and press the Activate button.
- Complete the on-screen prompts (if any)
- You can now watch Netflix on your Apple TV.
How to Install & Activate Netflix on Amazon Fire TV?
- From the main menu of your Fire TV, tap on the Find option.
- In the search field, type Netflix using the virtual keypad.
- Once found, tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- Click Open after installation to launch the app.
- Note down the activation code from the screen.
- Open the Netflix activation link netflix.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Provide the code and click Activate.
- Netflix app is now activated on your Amazon Fire TV.
Netflix App Activation for Android TV
- Go to the Play Store app on your Android TV.
- Search for the Netflix app.
- Tap the Install button to download & install the Netflix app on Android TV.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app.
- Follow the prompts to get the activation code.
- While keeping this screen as it is, open the activation link netflix.com/activate on your second device.
- Sign in to your Netflix account (if prompted).
- Enter the registration code and tap Activate.
- You can now start watching Netflix programming on your Android TV.
Netflix Activation – Troubleshooting Tips
- Ensure you have the latest updates installed on your streaming device/smart TV.
- Check your internet connection and fix issues with it (if any).
- For slow internet connection, avoid using multiple devices simultaneously to access the internet.
- Use the activation code before it expires.
- Copy the new code from your TV screen if the activation code has expired.
- Clear your Netflix app cache.
- Restart the Netflix app.
- Reboot your streaming device or smart TV.
- Remove the Netflix app and install it again. You will need to follow the activation process again at netflix.com/activate.
List of Supported Devices
- Streaming Media Players: Apple TV | Roku | Android | Fire TV | Chromecast, Portal from Facebook
- Smart TVs: Hisense | LG | Panasonic | Philips | Samsung | Sharp | Sony | Toshiba | Mi
- Game Consoles: PS3 | PS4 | PS 5 | Xbox 360 | Xbox One | Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Set-Top Boxes: Available with most TV providers. Contact your provider to check if they offer Netflix.
- Blu-Ray Players: LG | Panasonic | Sony | Samsung
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android | Windows Phone | Apple
- PC & Laptops: Available almost for all major browsers like Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox.
How to Sign Up for An Netflix Account?
- Open a web browser on pc/phone and visit netflix.com.
- Enter your email address in the provided field and tap the Get Started button.
- On the next screen, tap the Next button to create a password.
- Enter the password and tap Next.
- Then, tap the Next button to select a plan.
- Select your preferred subscription and press the Next button.
- Make the payment using a credit/debit card.
- After that, complete the on-screen prompts.
- Your Netflix account is now created.
Frequently Asked Questions
Broadband connection: 1.5Mbps | Minimum: 0.5 Mbps
Standard Definition (SD): 3 Mbps
High definition (HD): 5 Mbps
4K/Ultra HD (UHD): 25 Mbps
– Buy Standard or Premium plan of Netflix.
– Make sure to have an internet connection with at least 5Mbps.
– Set the video quality to Auto or High.
If you have limited bandwidth or data usage through your ISP (internet service provider), consider setting the video quality to Low or Medium.
Yes, you can check your connection speed on certain devices within the Netflix app.
– Go to the Netflix home screen.
– Select the Settings icon. If you don’t see the Settings icon, it means your device doesn’t support this feature.
– Press the Check your Network option.
– The Netflix app will check whether you can connect to the internet and reach Netflix. Also, the app will check the speed of your internet connection.