An amazing alternative to cable, Sling TV is a better way to stream live TV. One of the most sought-after streaming services, Sling TV offers an array of channels that keep you engaged with live TV, sports, news, entertainment, and whatnot!
With a Sling TV subscription, you can get your favorite local channels on your favorite streaming device like Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, or Android TV.
So, are you interested in “cutting yourself loose from expensive cable subscriptions and replacing them with low-cost streaming services?” Check our latest post where we talk about everything about Sling TV.
If you already have a Sling TV subscription, let us tell you how to activate Sling TV on your streaming device via sling.com/activate.
sling.com Activate on Apple TV
Adding Sling TV to your Apple TV device is simple. Let us walk you through the process below.
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Use the remote to access the Apple Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type Sling TV.
- Once the Sling TV app appears on the screen, click the Get button.
- As soon as you hit the button, the app will start downloading on your device.
- After installation, locate the app and open it.
- Click the Log In option, and you will see an activation code.
- Save the code or keep the screen visible while you proceed.
- On another device, access the activation link, i.e., sling.com/activate.
- Enter the code and click the CONTINUE button.
- Then, enter your Sling TV sign-in credentials.
- The system will verify the details.
- After successful verification, your Apple TV will be ready to stream Sling TV channels.
Activate Sling TV on Roku at sling.com/activate
Roku is another supported device. Here’s how you can install the Sling TV app and activate it at sling.com activate URL.
- Navigate to the Roku Channel Store using the remote.
- Here, type Sling TV in the search bar.
- The search results will bring the app to the screen.
- You will see an Add channel button. Click it to get the Sling TV app on your Roku TV.
- Launch the app to get an activation code.
- Note down the code and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Launch a browser on your mobile or computer and access the activation link – sling.com/activate.
- Type the code carefully to avoid any hassle.
- Click the CONTINUE button and go to the sign-in page.
- Provide your Sling TV account details.
- Your Roku screen will load automatically.
- You will be ready to start streaming Sling TV on Roku.
How to Activate Sling TV on Fire TV
If you use Amazon Fire TV, check the following steps to get Sling TV.
- Switch on the Fire TV device and navigate to the Amazon App Store.
- Access the Search feature and type Sling TV.
- Click the Get button once the Sling TV app appears on the screen.
- Open the app after installation to get a unique code.
- Use the code at sling.com/activate (on a different device).
- Click CONTINUE and enter your Sling TV account credentials.
Your Fire TV device is now ready to stream Sling TV.
Sling TV Activation on Android TV
Sling TV is also available on Android Smart TV. Check the steps below to install & activate the Sling TV app on Android TV.
- Switch on your Android TV and go to the home screen.
- From there, navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Sling TV app with the help of the virtual keyboard.
- Click the Install button to get the Sling TV app on your device.
- After installing the app, you need to launch it.
- On your TV screen, you will have the activation code.
- Jot down the code while you access sling.com/activate on another device.
- Type the code carefully without making an error.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- You need to enter your Sling TV email address and password on the next screen.
- Click the Activate button to complete the process.
How to Subscribe to Sling TV?
Signing up with Sling TV is a three-step process – Register, Services, and Checkout.
- Go to the Sling website – sling.com.
- Click the TRY US TODAY option.
- Enter your Email Address and Password (must be 8 – 30 characters).
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Now, you are on the Services page.
- Choose the right plan and go to the last step – Checkout.
- Enter the payment details and complete the process.
What All Do You Need to Cut the Cord?
You will require three things to cut the cord and free yourself from a costly cable subscription.
- High-Speed Internet: Cord-cutters will require a reliable, stable, and high-speed internet connection. Yes, it is an essential requirement if you wish to stream seamlessly. A slow internet connection will not bring you a great streaming experience. If your internet speed is 25Mbps (minimum), you can indeed have a great time watching your favorite shows and movies with your family.
- Compatible Streaming Device: Is your streaming device updated? Is it compatible with Sling TV? Or, do you use a smart TV? Try installing the Sling TV app from the application store. If you can’t install the app, update your device. You won’t be able to stream Sling TV if your device is incompatible.
- Suitable Subscription Plan: Unless you have an active subscription, you can’t enjoy the service. To avail of Sling TV services, you must subscribe to one of its plans – Orange (25% off your first month), Blue (25% off your first month), and Orange & Blue (25% off your first month).
- Orange: The Orange plan offers 32 channels, including CNN, ESPN, TNT, and TBS.
- Blue: Upgrade your subscription plan and sign up with the Blue package. It has 42 popular channels, including TLC, USA, etc., and can be streamed on three devices simultaneously.
- Orange & Blue: If you like the above plans and wish to purchase both of them, go for the third plan – Orange & Blue. Apart from getting 50 local channels, you will enjoy 25% off your first month. You can stream Sling TV on three devices at the same time.
Commonly Asked Questions
It is an app-based TV service that allows you to enjoy movies, news, and sports over the internet. You can watch live TV at home or on the go after activating the service.
Access the sling.com activate link on your mobile phone or computer and enter the code. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
After installing the Sling app on your Roku, launch your mobile browser to access sling.com/activate. You need to use the code displayed on the TV screen and enter the sign-in details to activate Sling on Roku.
You can complete the activation process within 10 minutes. Make sure you use a reliable internet connection.
We hope this comprehensive guide helps you activate the Sling TV service on your preferred device. If you have any queries, leave them in the comment section below.