You must have heard the name SoundCloud if you genuinely admire music. Sound Cloud is the largest music and audio platform globally, offering more than 200 million tracks. It was launched in 2008 and boasts a massive fan base.
If you have recently subscribed to Sound Cloud, all you need to do is install the SoundCloud app on your preferred device and activate it via soundcloud.com/activate to start playing your favorite tracks.
Let’s get started with the activation process below and discover the greatest selection of music on your device.
SoundCloud app is available on various streaming devices such as Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Smart TV, etc.
Here are the mandatory requirements to activate Sound Cloud on your streaming device.
- Robust Internet connection
- Updated streaming device
- Valid SoundCloud subscription
- A second device to visit soundcloud.com/activate
- SoundCloud account credentials
- Wi-Fi connection recommended
How to Activate SoundCloud on Apple TV
Below are given the best steps to activate SoundCloud via soundcloud.com/activate.
- Switch on your Apple TV device.
- Go to the App Store and search for the SoundCloud app.
- Click the Get button to install the app.
- After installation, locate the app and open it.
- Launch the app to get an activation code.
- You will also get the activation URL on the screen.
- Leave the screen visible as you grab another device to access soundcloud.com/activate.
- On the activation page, enter the sign-in details if you aren’t signed in already.
- Enter the code and complete the activation process.
The TV screen will load automatically if the process is successful. You can now enjoy your favorite music and radio on your Apple TV.
Activate SoundCloud on Roku via soundcloud.com/activate
If you own a Roku device, you can easily discover and enjoy your favorite songs by adding the Sound Cloud app. The thing is, you can’t access Sound Cloud directly on Roku. Instead, you will have to add Musiclouds from the Channel Store. So let’s check the steps below.
- Access the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on the remote.
- Use the remote to scroll down to access the Streaming Channels option in the menu.
- Under it, you will see the Search Channels option.
- Click it to access the Search option.
- Type the name of the app, i.e., Musiclouds, and click the Add Channel button.
- Once you add the channel, hit the OK button.
- Please return to the home screen and access My Channels to launch the Musiclouds app.
- Click the SoundCloud icon to listen to your favorite track.
Tips to Add & Activate SoundCloud on Smart TV
Find a cozy spot in your beautiful living room and enjoy a lovely evening while your favorite track plays in the backdrop. Wonder how? Let us give you the tips to get Sound Cloud on your smart TV, Samsung TV or Android TV.
- Turn on your Smart TV and access the home screen.
- Go to the app section and type Sound Cloud.
- Now, you need to install the app and launch it.
- You will receive a code on the screen.
- Save the code before accessing soundcloud.com/activate.
- Sign in to your SoundCloud account.
- Enter the activation code displayed on your TV.
- Sound Cloud is ready on your TV if you see a confirmation message.
Activate Sound Cloud on Xbox at soundcloud.com/activate
Here’s another compatible device to activate Sound Cloud.
- Go to Windows Store on your Xbox console.
- Search for the Sound Cloud app and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
- After installing the app, launch it to get a unique activation code on the screen.
- Open your computer to access soundcloud.com/activate.
- Provide your email address and click the Continue button.
- Enter the password and type the code on the next screen.
- Click the Activate button to finish the process.
Create a Sound Cloud Account
Check the following steps to create a Sound Cloud account with ease.
- Go to the Sound Cloud website.
- Click the Create Account option at the top of the screen.
- If you want to continue with Facebook, Google, or Apple, click the right option. You won’t have much work here. It will automatically create your account.
- Or, if you want to create your own credentials, enter your email address and click the Continue button.
- Enter the required details to create your account.
What are you waiting for?
Use the above steps to get the app on your preferred device, search for your favorite music, podcasts, raw demos, and connect directly with artists. If you run into a problem, you can reach out to SoundCloud customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the Sound Cloud app on your device for free. The app is free to download on your favorite device like Apple TV, Xbox, etc.
You must subscribe to SoundCloud and install the SoundCloud app on your device. Once installed, generate an activation code and visit soundcloud.com/activate on another device. Then, sign in to your account and enter the code to start enjoying music.
The Sound Cloud app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. However, you can enjoy SoundCloud’s music via another app, i.e., Musiclouds.
To create a free Sound Cloud account, go to soundcloud.com and click the Create Account option. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.