With the OWN TV app, you can access thousands of on-demand episodes, binge-watch your favorite OWN specials and series, and stream Oprah Winfrey Network and 14 other networks, including HGTV, ID, and TLC.
OWN TV app lets you enjoy your favorite channels and shows on your streaming device when you sign in with your pay-TV provider.
To Watch Own TV library on your Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, or Fire TV device, you must install the Own TV app from the relevant app store and activate it at https://start.watchown.tv/activate.
Some of the things you must possess to activate the Oprah Winfrey Network app on your device include –
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- Log-in details with your participating cable TV provider.
- An updated streaming device.
- A computer or mobile device to access start.watch own.tv/activate
Quick Guide to Activate OWN TV on Apple TV
If you own an Apple TV, we bring you the easiest method to add the OWN TV app and activate it on your Apple TV.
- If your device is turned on, go to the home screen.
- Access the App Store and type Watch OWN.
- The search results will display the app on the TV screen.
- Click the Get button to install the app. (If you aren’t logged in already, you will be prompted to use your Apple ID.)
- After installing the app, launch it on Apple TV.
- Follow the prompts to get a code to link your TV provider.
- Now, access the activation link – start.watchown.tv/activate on another device.
- Enter the activation code and click the Link TV Provider button.
- Next, enter the TV provider’s sign-in details to complete the activation process.
start.watchown.tv Activate on Roku
Roku is one of the most sought-after streaming devices in the U.S. If you own a Roku device, check the steps below to activate the Oprah Winfrey Network app.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for the Watch OWN app and click the Add Channel button.
- After installation, return to the home screen and open the app.
- Note down the code once it appears on the screen.
- Now open your mobile or computer browser and visit https //start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Provide the code in the desired field and click the Link TV Provider button.
- On the next screen, provide the required sign-in credentials and complete the process.
Your Roku streaming device is now ready to stream Watch OWN TV.
Activate Watch OWN TV App on Android TV
To activate Watch OWN TV on your Android TV, we encourage you to follow the following steps:
- Begin the activation process by turning on your Android TV.
- Navigate to the Play Store and install the Watch OWN app.
- Open it to generate a unique activation code.
- Save the code before accessing the authorized activation link – start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Here, you must enter the activation code carefully.
- After entering the code, click the Link TV Provider button.
- Next, enter the sign-in details (provided by your cable or satellite operator).
- Stick to the steps to complete the process.
Get Own TV on Fire TV at start.watch own.tv/activate
Check out the steps to activate OWN TV on Fire TV.
- Go to Amazon App Store using the Fire TV remote and click the magnifying glass icon.
- Access the Search feature and type Watch OWN.
- The OWN TV app will appear on the screen.
- Click the Get button to download the app on Fire TV.
- After downloading the app, open it to see a unique code.
- Once you have the code, visit start.watchown.tv/activate on a computer or smartphone.
- On the activation page, enter the code and click the Link TV Provider button.
- Enter your TV provider log-in details to activate the Watch OWN channel on Amazon Fire TV.
Refer to the proven tips below to fix the Watch OWN activation error.
- You can’t access Watch Own if you live outside America.
- Use the correct code. If it is expired, generate another code.
- Delete the app and install it again. Ensure you use an updated version of the Watch OWN app.
- Contact your cable or satellite provider if you can’t fix it.
Oprah Winfrey Network, popularly known as OWN, is an American basic cable channel owned by Discovery, Inc. The channel was launched in 2011, replacing the Discovery Health Channel.
Sign in with your TV provider’s details and enjoy Watch OWN anywhere you want. The Watch OWN app is available on all leading streaming devices, Chromecast, smartphones, and the web.
If you run into a problem, contact your TV provider immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch OWN TV shows on Apple TV, Roku, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, and iOS devices. Make sure you subscribe to Watch OWN through a TV provider.
If your cable, satellite, and live TV streaming service offer OWN, you can watch your favorites like Ready to Love, The Haves and the Have Nots, and Love & Marriage: Huntsville for free.
At the moment, it is available in the United States only. Also, ensure you need a stable Internet connection to watch your favorites.