USAA (United Services Automobile Association) is a reliable card issuer with an excellent reputation for impeccable customer service. If you wish to apply for a USAA credit card to enjoy a wide range of benefits and features, you must become a USAA member first.
Further, you can review all the features (travel insurance, lower interest rates, rewards, etc.) offered by different USAA credit cards before getting a new card.
To start using your card after receiving it, you can activate your new USAA card at usaa.com/activate. Also, there are other ways to activate your newly received USAA card. Read this guide to learn all the methods and tricks to activate your USAA card.
Here’s a list of things you will require for a smooth activation process.
- A reliable internet connection (for online activation).
- USAA credit card details.
- USAA online access credentials.
- Personal information of primary card holder.
How to Activate USAA Credit Card via usaa.com/activate
The online method is the easiest and most reliable. You can activate your USAA credit or debit card by accessing the activation page, i.e., usaa.com/activate.
You can visit the authorized activation page to complete the process as soon as you receive your card, which usually takes up to 10 days after USAA mails you (for the US residents).
Here’s how to activate and start using your credit or ATM card immediately after activation.
- On your computer, open your regular browser.
- Access usaa.com/activate and provide the Online ID (you can always create a new Online ID by clicking the Join USAA button).
- Click the Next button and enter the password.
- You will be prompted to enter the card details like the card number, expiration dates, etc.
- After submitting the card details, click the Activate button.
After successful activation, you can immediately use your card to make payments.
Activate Your USAA Card by Phone
If the online method isn’t feasible, we persuade you to check the following steps. Below we have explained how you can activate your USAA credit or debit card by calling the phone service number.
- For USAA Credit Cards: For USAA credit cards, you can call 800-411-4300 from your mobile number or home number. Follow the on-call instructions and activate your card.
- For USAA Debit/ ATM Cards: Debit card users can dial 800-315-4906 to activate their cards. The process is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
Activate USAA Debit Card at an ATM
Unlike USAA credit card holders, the debit card owners can visit the nearest ATMs to activate their ATM cards. To find an ATM near you, use this link.
- You can scan through the page and locate your ATM.
- Keep the card details handy to activate your newly received card.
You can use any of the above methods to activate your USAA debit or credit card. As soon as your card is activated, you are ready to use it and earn rewards, benefits, and other features. Also, you can reach out to USAA customer service if you have a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can activate your USAA card in the following ways –
Online Method: Visit usaa.com/activate, enter login details, and provide your card details to activate the card.
Phone Number: You can dial 800-411-4300 (for credit cards) or call 800-315-4906 (for debit cards) to activate USAA cards.
ATM: After receiving your USAA debit card, you can visit the nearest ATM to activate your card. Use the card and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
You may not always resort to the calling method to activate your USAA credit card. Use the online method instead and visit usaa.com/activate to complete the activation process. You must have the login details and card information handy to activate your card.
– Open your computer and launch Google Chrome.
– Type usaa.com/activate in the URL bar.
– Enter the USAA login credentials.
– Provide your debit card number, expiration details, and other required information.
– Click the Activate button.