Global TV is the second most-watched Canadian English-language terrestrial TV network. As a leading conventional network, Global TV keeps Canadians informed and entertained by a wide range of quality news, primetime programming, and more.
If you are intrigued by its web exclusives, episodes, and incredible shows, then download & install the Global TV app on your TV-connected streaming device and activate it via watch.globaltv.com/activate.
You can watch Global TV on various streaming devices such as Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV.
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
Amongst the must-have things, you will have –
- Global TV account credentials.
- Valid subscription through a participating TV provider.
- Updated Streaming device.
- A second device (mobile or tablet).
- High-speed Internet connection. (Wi-Fi recommended)
Global TV Activation URL – watch.globaltv.com/activate
How to Activate Global TV on Apple TV
The official Global TV app is available on the App Store. You can add & install the app on your Apple TV device by following the steps below –
- Power on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to the home screen.
- From there, go to the App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type Global TV.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Click the Get button to install the app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app to get a unique code.
- Now, access the activation URL – watch.globaltv.com/activate on your computer or mobile phone.
- Enter the activation code in the required field and click Continue.
- Select your TV provider and sign in with its credentials.
- Your Apple TV is now ready to stream Global TV.
Watch Global TV on Roku via watch.globaltv.com/activate
Activating Global TV on Roku is a straightforward process. Check the steps below –
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Press the Home icon on the remote to access the home screen.
- Scroll up or down to access the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, you will find the Search Channels option.
- Click it to access the Search feature.
- Type Global TV and wait for the results.
- Once the results appear, select the Global TV app, and click the Add channel button.
- You will now have the Global TV app on your Roku device.
- Return to the home screen and locate the app.
- Open it to get a unique code to link the TV provider.
- Access watch.globaltv.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- Choose your TV provider. (BellAliant, BellMTS, TELUS, Access, Bruce Telecom, Bell, etc.)
- Enter your username and password to sign in.
Follow the on-screen prompts and enter the required details to complete the activation process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Activate Global TV on Android TV
Google’s Android TV is also a compatible device that lets you watch Global TV programs.
- You will need to begin the activation process by powering on your Android TV.
- Access the Play Store with the help of the remote.
- Use the search option to find the Global TV app.
- Click the Install button once the Global TV app appears on the screen.
- After installing the app, open it.
- Inside the app, select the sign-in option to get a unique activation code and the URL.
- On your phone or tablet, visit watch.globaltv.com/activate.
- Type the code carefully and click the Continue button.
- Provide the TV provider username and password and wait for a success message.
If the activation process is successful, you can start watching your favorite Global TV shows on Android TV.
Activate Global TV on Fire TV at watch.globaltv.com/activate
Amazon’s Fire TV lets you install the Global TV app and activate it via watch.globaltv.com/activate hassle-free. But, first, make sure you have a participating TV provider’s account details.
- Go to the Amazon App Store from the Fire TV home screen.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and enter Global TV.
- Click the Get button to install the app.
- Launch the app to get a code.
- Leave the screen visible, and grab your phone to access watch.globaltv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter TV provider sign-in details to complete the process. If you don’t have the sign-in details, click the Create One option.
Top Troubleshooting Tips
Check the below steps out if the Global TV activation failed:
- Use Correct Credentials: Keep the TV provider subscription details handy before attempting the activation process. Type the username and password carefully.
- Generate Another Code: If the code doesn’t work, it is time to regenerate the code.
- Delete the App and Reinstall it: If the app is not updated, you need to update it. The best way to fix the issue is by deleting the app and reinstalling it.
We hope this comprehensive guide helps you activate the Global TV app on your streaming device. Before checking out the steps, ensure you subscribe to Global TV through a participating TV provider.
Global TV is compatible with almost all Canadian TV cable and satellite providers. Contact your cable, satellite, or IPTV provider immediately if your TV provider isn’t listed.
Global TV does allow people to watch its new episodes without signing in. This facility is available for the first seven days after the broadcast.
You can’t watch live TV for free. Instead, you must sign in with your TV provider.