This guide will teach you the easy steps to activate your Wells Fargo debit card online. Also, we will talk about the alternative ways – by phone, mobile app, and ATM – to activate the card.
Wells Fargo, an American multinational financial services company, provides investment, bank, consumer and commercial finance, and mortgage products and services.
It was established in 1852 to provide financial aid to its customers. With 8050 branches and 13,000 ATMs, Wells Fargo is one of the leading bank brands in the United States.
If you have an account with Wells Fargo and received a Well Fargo debit card, you need to activate it at wellsfargo.com/activatecard before using the card to get cash and make purchases.
How to Create a Wells Fargo Online Account?
To carry out the online activation process, you must create an account with Wells Fargo. Getting enrolled with Wells Fargo is easy. Here’s a rundown of steps to help you.
- Go to www.wellsfargo.com on your computer or phone.
- Click the Sign on option located in the top right corner.
- Click the Enroll option located on the menu bar.
- On the enrollment page, provide the required details –
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth
- Click the Continue button.
- Then, stick to the on-screen prompts to create your Wells Fargo profile.
Note: If you don’t have an SSN or ITIN, click the “I don’t have this number” checkbox. You can now use your card, loan, or account number to continue.
Activate Wells Fargo Card at wellsfargo.com/activatecard
The online activation process is the quickest and easiest way to activate your Wells Fargo debit card. Here’s how to activate the card.
- Launch Google Chrome and type wellsfargo.com/activatecard in the URL bar.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Click the Sign On button.
- On the next screen, enter the required card details like SSN, card number, and DOB.
- Click the Activate button.
It hardly takes any time, and your card is now activated. Use your card to make purchases, withdraw cash, and more.
Alternative Ways to Activate Your Wells Fargo Card
There are three other ways to activate your Wells Fargo debit card if you are not well-versed with the online activation process. Check the activation methods carefully and complete the process. Once your card is ready, you can make purchases, deposit, and pay bills.
By Phone: You can call 1-877-294-6933 from your mobile or home phone and follow the instructions. You should be ready with the PIN to activate your card without a hassle. (If you don’t know where your PIN is, contact Wells Fargo.)
Through Mobile App: Using a smartphone also helps you activate your newly received Wells Fargo debit card.
- Install the Wells Fargo Mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
- After installing the app, launch it.
- Enter the required sign-in details and access the card activation option.
- Enter your card details, stick to the on-screen instructions, and activate the debit card.
Visit Wells Fargo ATM: Wells Fargo has approximately 12,000 ATMs. If you come across an ATM close to your place, you can activate your card there. Make sure you know your ATM card PIN.
Note: Your Well Fargo debit card PIN is sent separately. If you don’t have a PIN, contact Wells Fargo bank immediately.
How to Apply for a Wells Fargo Card?
A Wells Fargo debit card promises a safe and convenient way to manage your money. With your card in your wallet, making payments and purchases is super easy.
What if you don’t have a card yet? After opening a checking account with Wells Fargo, you can request a debit card. The simplest way to request a card is by placing a call. You need to dial this number (1-800-869-3557) and place your request.
Ways to Contact Wells Fargo Customer Support
You can contact Wells Fargo by phone or online. Get quick help with online account services, find answers to your questions, and more if you encounter a problem.
- Phone: Whether you want to request a new Wells Fargo card or report a lost card, dial 1-800-869-3557. The phone service is available round-the-clock.
- Visit Contact Us: Go to the contact us page if you need help in General Banking or Wells Fargo Online.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can withdraw cash and make purchases with your Wells Fargo debit card. But first, you have to activate it at wellsfargo.com/activatecard.
As soon as you receive your new card in the mail, the first thing you need to do is to activate it. This further helps protect your card from fraud.
Visit the activation page, log in with your Wells Fargo account credentials, enter the card details, and complete the activation process.
You can surely do that by visiting the nearest Wells Fargo ATM. You need your debit card and PIN to activate your card.
You can dial 1-877-294-6933 to activate your newly received Wells Fargo debit card.
Go to this page, enter your card number, and click the Confirm option.
The above activation steps are easy to follow. Use any method that is suitable for you. If you run into a problem, contact Wells Fargo immediately or leave us a message in the comment section below.